Applicants to the Transitional residency program should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications will not be accepted. Applicants are requested to include all available USMLE scores. Also, a photograph should be submitted with the ERAS application or at the time of interview. Photographs are used solely for applicant identification and are not included in admission decisions. Applicants must be a graduate of an American accredited medical school. Applicants to the University of Arizona-Tucson Hospitals Internal Medicine Residency Program, University of Arizona-Tucson Hospitals General Surgery Residency, or University of Arizona Pediatrics Residency, Tucson Medical Center Pharmacy Residency, Tucson Medical Center – Midwestern University Podiatry Residency, or A.T. Still-Wright Center Family Medicine Residency should go to each program’s website for more details on the application process.
During your time with us, you will interview with the Transitional Program Director or other key faculty and will have the opportunity to meet with some of the housestaff, to visit Tucson Medical Center and to learn about our program. Interviews are by invitation only and are held on Monday – Friday in the morning.
Directions to Tucson Medical Center (TMC)
1. Take East I-10 to Tucson
2. Exit Grant Rd. and go east past Swan Rd.
3. Turn left on Beverly Road and follow directions to Valet parking, which is free.
4. At the Volunteer Desk, ask for directions to THMEP, which is nearby. If you have any problems, call (520) 324-5095.
From Tucson International Airport:
1. Go north on South Tucson Blvd.
2. Turn right on East Valencia Rd. towards South Palo Verde Blvd.
3. Turn left on South Palo Verde Rd.
4. Stay straight and go north onto South Palo Verde Blvd.
5. South Palo Verde Rd. becomes South Alvernon Way.
6. Turn right on East Grant Rd. and continue east past Swan Rd
7. Turn left on Beverly Road and follow directions to Valet parking, which is free.
8. At the Volunteer Desk, ask for directions to THMEP, which is nearby. If you have any problems, call (520) 324-5095.
Map of TMC